泰戈尔经典英文短诗 泰戈尔诗集英文摘抄

4月 19, 2022

使生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美。

Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.

你微微地笑着,不同我说什么话。而我觉得,为了这个,我已等待得久了。

You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long.

我们如海鸥之与波涛相遇似地,遇见了,走近了。海鸥飞去,波涛滚滚地流开,我们也分别了。

Like the meeting of the seagulls and the waves we meet and come near.The seagulls fly off, the waves roll away and we depart.

当我们是大为谦卑的时候,便是我们最接近伟大的时候。

We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.

决不要害怕刹那--永恒之声这样唱着。

Never be afraid of the moments–thus sings the voice of the everlasting.

“完全”为了对”不全”的爱,把自己装饰得美丽。

The perfect decks itself in beauty for the love of the Imperfect.

错误经不起失败,但是真理却不怕失败。

Wrong cannot afford defeat but right can.

这寡独的黄昏,幕着雾与雨,我在我的心的孤寂里,感觉到它的叹息。

In my solitude of heart I feel the sigh of this widowed evening veiled with mist and rain.

人对他自己建筑起堤防来。

Man barricades against himself.

人不能在他的历史中表现出他自己,他在历史中奋斗着露出头角。

Man does not reveal himself in his history, he struggles up through it.


左岸读书